Monday, December 7, 2009

Good News on Healthy Burrito Line


Good news, if it pans out --

My email to Evol Burritos 11-29-09:



"Hi - I saw your shredded beef and shredded chicken burritos in the frozen foods area of the organic section of my local Giant grocery store in the Harrisburg, PA, area. They looked tempting until I saw they both contain about 50 percent of the RDA for sodium -- yikes! I hope you'll lower the sodium level to something like 25 or 33 percent and/or offer a lower-sodium version that uses more spices and herbs, etc."

(Wegmans' useful website lists the sodium content -- and lots of other information -- for the shredded chicken Evol burrito -- 48 percent of the recommended daily allowance.)

I got a response the next day:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us. You read our minds. We anticipate having our new lower-sodium recipes and packaging released early next year. Please keep an eye on us as I'm sure we will make an announcement on our website as this is something we have been concerned about and working on for some time now. In the meantime, I would love to send you some goodies if you would be so kind as to send me your address."

(Note: I haven't gotten any coupons or whatever they're planning to send, but even if I do, I think adding the lower-sodium products is a good move on their part.)
(UPDATE: I got the envelope from Evol. It contained stickers (um, ok :-) and coupons. I'll probably wait for the new lower-sodium burritos to come out before I use the coupons, though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment